New Snapshot: MC 21w07a Starting Out

 OK, since it is a new snapshot, none of my favorite Mods will work so I start a new world with Cheats enabled and Mob Damage to the world turned off (so Creepers can't blow up everything I build).

I also give myself some items that are impossible to make in-game, such as a Netherite Sword with 100 sharpness, 100 looting, Mending, 10000 Unbreaking, etc. I give myself similar tools, picks, shovels, axes, with mending, some with fortune, some with silk touch, etc. to get things rolling faster.

After a time of initial building, I normally start making normal enchantments on diamond items and use them, but the beginning goes much faster if I start out with better items than you could normally get in-game.

My objective is to explore and discover at first without worrying about mobs killing me or trying to obtain materials to make tools and armor to survive. I normally make two worlds for each new snapshot. One world is with cheats enabled, and the other is a normal world without cheats. Depending upon whether I want to check out something new or just play decides which world I will play at the time.

All of my worlds start with the same seed. So, much of the biome is familiar and I pretty much know where to find some items such as sugar cane, melons, pumpkins, tall flowers, obsidian, sunken ships, etc. Much of it will be a little bit different each time, and sometimes there are big changes.

This time, my starting point is a little different than previously encountered. It was the same for a long time but changed when the underground was enlarged and large caverns were introduced. Last release, there was a large cavern where I normally build my base so I was forced to move it. This new snapshot has no large cavern, but there is more dirt at the location of my base so I had to dig into the wall a little further before making my entryway.

It did provide me with the opportunity to build a Phantom Trap just outside my base.  This is an area where the Phantoms will fly under an overhang to attack me, but then they can't fly up and out because there is a lip.


My Base with the Phantom trap at the entrance.

Inside the Phantom trap, looking out. You can
 see the lip that stops Phantoms from escaping to the sky.

View of the other side of the trap.

Facing the Entryway to my base. the trap doors and doors
on the right are for attacking mobs with a bow, and then stepping
forward to retrieve loot.


Side Portals allow me to attack mobs at my door, without
them being able to attack me. The trap doors prevent
most small mobs from entering.

The doorway, pressure plate to open/close the door,
and then the steps down to the main part of my base.


Inside the base, facing out through the attack doors, workbench, furnaces,
and storage are on the left and then some storage and infinite water
source on the right.

With the changes this time, I put my cocoa bean growing
up onto the ceiling where gravel fell out when I was mining.

My bed, some wheat, carrots, potatoes, and sugar cane.
Water is under the carpet.

Other side of the bed I put melons and pumpkins, and
then bamboo (I mine the ceiling up for bamboo to grow
about 7 blocks tall.

And area with some tall flowers (so I can just use bone
meal to get more) and a grassy area where I initially
got wheat seeds, red flowers, and yellow flowers using
bone meal.

 Campfire, so I can cook without using up charcoal
each time.

These will be my down and up elevators. Right now
I will put a ladder down on the right side. Then I will
mine out the middle and the left area to build my
water elevator.

I made glass, it will fill the column between the
down shaft and the up water column of my elevator.
I will put torches behind glass spaced about every
3 blocks going down.

Grass area where I apply bone meal to get wheat seeds,
red flowers, and yellow flowers.

After application of bone meal.

Repeat until I have enough wheat seeds

And some flowers for dye.

This is the new look of Coal Ore.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yet Another NEW Snapshot 21w08b! Here are notes for NBTExplorer

Getting Started - Building a Base for Protection

With your Base for Protection, You'll need FOOD!