Time to go to the Nether!

OK, the Nether has ALWAYS creeped me out!  Full of lava and Mobs, and now it has even the normal mobs that always attack you (I used to avoid attacking any of the Mobs except those that attacked me so I was relatively safe) and, if they hit a neutral mob, YOU get blamed for it and the neutrals start attacking you too!  Kinda like shooting a wolf when others see you, then they all attack you (or used to, I haven't killed one in a long time).

For me a trip to the Nether is only needed to get a few resources. Sometimes Buckets of lava for my furnaces, sometimes Blaze Rods to use in making Brewing Stands or for fuel. The Blaze spawners are at the Nether Fortress. If I think about it I can build my Home Base around an Overland Portal going to the Nether Fortress rather than right at, or near, my spawn point. If you create a new world, then save and quit then you can use a program called "amidst" to get a very nice map of your saved world. You can have it display many things, but right now let's concentrate on the Nether Fortress.

For this Blog I am using the Latest Version of Minecraft, 1.13.1 so that is what I select when I start up "amidst"


amidst then comes up with a blank screen with a menu bar at the top.


Choose File


Then choose the world you want for the desired map.


"Blog World" is the world I made for this Blog (I just started "Blog 3D" with MC 1.12.2 so I could use Anaglyph 3D).


Then, it opens a popup, just click OK for Singleplayer.


amidst then produces a map of the world (the black on the right is still being generated)


The little "house" looking icon is your spawn point. In this map I can see that my character (the face) is near the spawn point.


By double clicking on the player icon amidst will bring up your location as shown in the upper left corner. In this case, I'm in the Overworld at 6, -361


Or, you can double click the spawn point icon to get its coordinates.


Notice that the info given also includes the seed for the world and what type of world you created.


I "dragged" the map so I could see the Nether Fortress Icon in the bottom right, then I double clicked on it to get the coordinates.  I then moved my character to the Overworld coordinates given.





And now I am at the Overland cords matching up with the Nether Fortress (other than the Y coordinate).  This is where I build my main base so that I can have a direct Portal to the Nether Fortress (if I'm Lucky!).



Since I already had a Home Base in my Blog World but I still needed one in my MC v1.12.2 Blog 3D world, I switched over to that game. Note that you have to select the correct version of Minecraft to open the saved world properly.


Version 1.12.2 is the latest release to include Anaglyph 3D mode.


I moved to the Overland location matching with the Nether Fortress cords and built a base (with bed so I could change my re-spawn point). I then slept and stepped through the Nether Portal.


Indeed, I was lucky and the matching Portal in the Nether was created inside the Nether Fortress. I had to quickly build protection from the Blazes and Skeletons.


I then explored the Fortress.  I place torches on my right side when going out from my Base. The torches in the middle are placed later to follow back to the Base and avoid all the twists and turns. This is the path I followed to find Nether Wart and Soul Sand.


I have a Blaze Spawner right outside my door, good for collecting Blaze Rods.


One of the other doors just led to some netherrack.


And one went almost nowhere.


In "Creative" mode I gave myself some diamond equipment and an Anvil and some enchantment books.  This is the bow I made to hold me over for a little while until I could open my inventory in NBTExplorer and make it better.


So now I have access to a source of Blaze Rods and massive quantities of lava for my furnaces.  I will collect a few more blaze rods before going back to the Overworld and planting Nether Wart in my garden. I will also use a blaze rod (or 10 or 12) to make brewing stands for my most used potions, fire protection, underwater breathing, healing, regeneration, etc.  I'll also switch back to MC 1.13.1 to make the same items there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yet Another NEW Snapshot 21w08b! Here are notes for NBTExplorer

Getting Started - Building a Base for Protection

With your Base for Protection, You'll need FOOD!