Game Initialized, Time to Start Working!

 Whenever I start a new game, after doing my initializing things like using /give for equipment and setting the GameRules, I look for a place to start building. I will make this post as if I am not using any cheats, but do have the Mods installed as usual.

First, I gather some wood, I prefer to use Oak or Jungle wood to make doors so I can see if any mobs are on the other side, so I need 1 log to make a crafting table, 3 logs to make 3 doors and 2 trap doors. I'll also need to get enough wood to make some sticks for making tools and torches.

I'd make the crafting table first, and use it to make a wooden pickaxe. I dig dirt, and chop trees by hand until I upgrade to stone tools. 

I look for a mountain or large hill with a flat face on it. I use the wooden pickaxe to mine a tunnel 2 blocks tall, and in by 3 blocks. On the bottom of the last block I mine a side "viewport" that I will use later for killing mobs. Then I mine a 3 block tall tunnel, with a matching side port on the bottom. At the end of the now 4 block tunnel, I come up by 1 block and mine 2 blocks tall, back in by 3 blocks, then mine a 3 block tall, down by 1 block, back in by another 2 blocks, down again by 1 block and in by 2 blocks, and then mine in another 2 block tall for 1 block. I now have a tunnel that goes into the mountain by 12 blocks with some variations in height.

Seed: Tom Loves Cyndie!!! Starting point.

Found a good location just to the right of the sand. The area will
 need to be Terraformed a little before I mine into the hill.


Here I've Terraformed enough to begin the mining.



I've started mining. Mined in 4 blocks and made portals on the right
to be used for killing mobs.


Second stage of mining. mined in another 3 blocks but
there is a step at the start so my door will be 1 block above
the entry tunnel.


I backed up a little so you can see the step where
my door will be located. You can see that I mined down the
other side. It is too dark to take a good screen shot at the back of
the tunnel, so, I made my doors, my trap doors, and my furnaces.
I then picked up my crafting table, placed one door on top of the step,
placed two trap doors inside the viewing portals on the bottom right,
and then finished mining out the tunnel back up to the other side
of the view ports.

After placing my door and some torches, you can see how
the tunnel goes down by 2 steps and then turns right.


At the far end of the 12 Block tunnel, looking back up the
steps at the door.

The turn-back at the bottom of the steps. This level is one level 
below the entryway outside the door.

This is just after completing the tunnel, but before I moved the
workbench and made torches. You can see that I am standing
one level below the entry tunnel. I normally dig out a 3x3 area
to the left of the tunnel across from the attack portal. This becomes 
my storage and work area.


Looking back down the hallway from the view portals to the
turn around.


I've placed the trap doors that prevent smaller mobs from coming
inside the base, yet allow me to attack mobs out in the entry
before the door.



The Interior of my Base. Workbench, storage, and furnaces on
the left side. Attack portals on right where I can attack any
mob that approaches the door. Here you can also see my
garden, with wheat for now. I added melons later and I
will add carrots and potatoes when I get them from mobs.

2x2 Infinite water pool to the right, with more
storage since I went out and chopped more trees.

I save my damaged tools, trying to keep from breaking them.

That way I can combine two damaged tools to get one that has
more durability.

Durability 65 + Durability 16 becomes one with 87 durability
instead of the normal 81.  6 points of durability may not seem
like much, but it is if you keep doing it and use a lot of picks.



The same bonus durability applies with axes.

I made a Mining dimension portal, this is where it sent me.


Diamonds and redstone were readily available where I ended up.

The Gravestone Mod, left a gravestone in a place where I died
at the hands of a Drowned throwing Tridents.

You also get a death certificate.

Or, in my case, for some reason I got two death certificates each
time that I died.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yet Another NEW Snapshot 21w08b! Here are notes for NBTExplorer

Getting Started - Building a Base for Protection

With your Base for Protection, You'll need FOOD!