Expanding My Base to Include Chickens, Sheep, Cows, Pigs, and Trees

With the new features of Minecraft on the PC Version 1.13.1 it has become more dangerous to wander around outside to gather resources.  So, I'm expanding to bring those renewable resources inside where I can access them without getting killed.  The first part was bringing in plant foods, now I'm bringing in animals for eggs, feathers, wool, leather, and food.


As you can see in my garden, I have wheat that I can harvest to breed Cows and Sheep, and with the seeds, breed Chickens. I have carrots to breed pigs.

First trip out, brought back a couple of cows and a sheep.



 This is my preferred method of getting in and out of places. I stack a couple of wooden blocks (they won't hurt animals) and put ladders on both sides. Then I can climb up and over the top. Mobs and animals can't climb them... I don't think.. LOL!


Built my Chicken pen, glass walls with fencing inside to keep the chickens from glitching out.


And, last of all, I brought in some pigs.







I slept in a bed (at my garden) to reset my "home" location.


Doing some SERIOUS digging now!  This will be the home of my orchard. I will grow mostly Oak trees but also others at times. Some trees need a taller ceiling to grow so I will make it 8 blocks tall for now and expand it later if I ever get any Jungle Tree saplings or Spruce.


Oops! I dug up too far and put holes into my ceiling where I can see the night sky!


Fortunately, there are not TOO MANY of them! One benefit, I now know where to build up when I want to put in my electric lighting!


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yet Another NEW Snapshot 21w08b! Here are notes for NBTExplorer

Getting Started - Building a Base for Protection

With your Base for Protection, You'll need FOOD!